One thing that greatly contributes to the failure of many to make long-term profits from the Forex markets is the ignorance of what steps to take when making trading decisions.
1. Learn to build graphs. If you really want to have a long career in Forex trading, you need to learn how to build charts for all time periods. The types of charts to build are determined by your trading system and strategy. It can often be wise to build and save your charts as templates so you can always use them at all times. Charts are often easier to build on the Meta Trader4 (MT4) trading platform.
2. Understand your terms: these are terms you should notice before accepting or entering into a deal. This is one area that many traders are misleading. It also requires patience. The trader must wait until the conditions are created before starting a trade.
3. Know your entry points: these are price levels that offer high entry opportunities with low risks. Some trading tools can be of great help in determining these levels.
4. Please ignore any trading system that encourages you to trade without a stop loss. A decent system should guide you to the best levels to place smart stop loss orders with a higher chance of winning in trading. You can also use a trailing stop to protect your trading profits. Trailing stops help you adjust your stop loss order when the price moves in your favor.
5. Know your Take Profit: for each trade you must have a predetermined goal. Once your trading system generates a trading signal, it should also be able to give you potential targets or, better yet, potential trades. Guessing can be very dangerous for any trader. You need to conduct a thorough analysis before accepting any deal with a high probability. If the trading system can’t show you the potential profits it can get you, ignore the deal. You only accept the calculated risks. The following tools can be of great help in determining them: divorce points, trend lines and kickbacks and Fibonacci extension.